You have a manuscript. Now you want to turn it into a book — a tangible, formatted piece of media that readers across the world can read and enjoy in print or on their devices.
There are five main things that go into creating a book:
- Writing: getting your words down
- Editing: polishing those words
- Production: turning your words into “real” books: ebooks, print books and covers (<— we can help!)
- Selling & Distributing: getting your book into stores and library channels (<— we can help!)
- Marketing: (trying to) get people to buy your book
This free download will demystify each of these steps to make a book and show you how to use Pressbooks — the shortest, most affordable path from manuscript to book.
It will also show you what to do with your book files once you produce them to get them into stores and libraries.